Thursday, March 21, 2013

Book Review: The Last Airbender Movie Prequel: Zuko's Story


The Last Airbender Movie Prequel: Zuko's Story
by 
Date Read:  3/13/2013
Rating:  ★ ★ ★

This was okay. I didn't expect it to be in black and white. I feel like that took away from the sory a little. And it was also kind of confusing at the beginning. I think he was having flashbacks, but at the same time it was trying to be in the present right after the Agni Kai. It got much clearer as the story progressed.

I thought the characters' personalities were written very well. Every character from Zuko, to Iroh to Azula to Guru Pathik, I read just as their voices on the TV show because their personalities were spot on. However, I didn't like the drawings of Uncle Iroh. He was drawn like the movie, not the TV show. So it was a little weird that he had the personality of the TV show but looked like the movie. But once I was able to get past that, I enjoyed the story.

I liked that it kinda showed some of the flashbacks we saw in the TV show. Like when Zuko was so mean to Uncle when he was trying to help him after he got banished. It showed us how Zuko was introduced to the Blue Spirit. And it even had Guru Pathik in it, who had a premonition of what was to come. And I liked the end, how it went straight up to the point of Zuko seeing the light when Aang came out of the iceberg.

Overall pretty decent. But not as good as the show and not as good as The Promise graphic novels.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...