Another pinterest idea was a cake stand for Brooklyn’s smash cake! This was a super easy project that cost very little money. I went to Goodwill and looked through all their items. I found a pretty candle holder and crystal plate that matched. Each was just $0.99. I found the ribbon at Michael's on sale.
Approximately $4, + gorilla glue on hand
- First you need to pick out your candle holder and plate. Don’t choose a candle holder that is super tall. Ideally one that is 2 or 3 inches tall is perfect for this project. Pick a plate that coordinates. Otherwise you could always spray paint them. I found a crystal candle holder and a crystal plate.
- Place a line of gorilla glue along the top edges of the candle holder and carefully place the plate on top, as centered as you can get it.
- Press down and let it sit overnight for the glue to cure.
- Once the glue is cured, you can add your ribbon. Roughly measure out how much ribbon you’ll need to rim the outside of your plate and cut it. It is much easier to manage that way.
- Place a line in small increments around the rim of the plate and press the edge of the ribbon in to it. TIP: It took 3 of us to complete this – One of us placed the glue, one of us place the ribbon, and the third held the end of ribbon not glued. My ribbon kept falling off the glue because it was too heavy. So you will need someone just to hold the ribbon at the same height as the plate.
- Repeat step 5 all the way around the plate and trim any excess ribbon.
- Let the glue cure overnight. You now have a pretty cake stand for your