Instead of buying a pricey little sign from Etsy, I decided that I could make one myself. Since I was doing a pink and gold theme, I thought the sparkle saying would go well. Here’s how I did it:
Approximately $3, + cardstock, glue, and picture frame on hand
Glue / Mod podge
- First you need to type up your sign in Publisher or Word. I used publisher. I set the size at 5x7.
- Insert a pink 2 horizontal gradient background to the file using two shades of pink.
- Choose two fonts – I chose a script font and a print font (Edwardian Script IT and DaunPenh).
- I set the script font size at 90 and the DaunPenh font size at 75.
- Create a text box for each line and type in the words, setting font, size, and color on each – I chose gold font to match my pink and gold theme. My text was “she leaves a little Sparkle wherever she goes”.
- Adjust the location of each. You can overlap the text boxes so the words are closer together.
- Add small circle shapes around the text in the same color as your text.
- Save the file as a PDF and then print it on cardstock, ensuring it prints in 5x7 size.
- Cut out the picture.
- On each circle, put a dab of glue covering the entire circle.
- Sprinkle glitter over each circle. I bought the glitter at Hobby Lobby and used my 40% off coupon. Shake the extra glitter off.
- Once the glitter and glue has dried, place the picture in a frame so it can be displayed! I used a picture frame I already had on hand.