Monday, January 4, 2016

Book Review: Avatar the Last Airbender: Smoke and Shadow Part 2

Smoke and Shadow Part 2
by  Gene Luen Yang (author), Gurihiru (illustrator)
Date Read:  1/4/16
Rating: ★ ★ 
★ ★ 

Wow. That ending. I probably should have been expecting it and yet they still caught me off-guard!

I have actually really enjoyed this series because the story is pretty good.  I like that Aang and Zuko work together. We’re missing most of the other characters, but I’ve always enjoyed the stories that revolve around Zuko. He’s very interesting – especially now that he’s Fire Lord.

This book continues the anti-Zuko movement and the children being stolen.  There is a major revelation in this book. While I saw it coming a mile away, it was still really good. The illustrations and shots are all really good as usual. I felt like Zuko, Aang, and Mai all felt exactly the same as from the TV show. The whole “sweetie” thing still throws me every time he says it, but other than that, the characters felt real and just out of the show.

The big twist at the very end was CRAZY. I can’t believe I have to wait a few months until the final installment in this series is released. UGH.

I hope these graphic novels tell us in the end who ended up with who – Zuko, Mai, Suki, Sokka…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...